>>SSO Using SAML
Zoho SSO Help
This page will answer most of the frequently asked questions that new users have when they sign up with Zoho. Newbies interested in registering with Zoho can do so by either visiting a specific Zoho service sign in page - say Zoho Writer (http://writer.zoho.com/) or by directly going to the Zoho (Sign Up) page. Once the users are directed to any of these pages, they have to click the "Sign Up" link and proceed by entering the sign in details required to set up an account with Zoho.
A typical Zoho sign-up page will look like the one below. Users need to provide username, email address, password to set up an account with Zoho.
Please refer to the list of sign up FAQs as mentioned below:
- How do I change the 'username' of the registered Zoho account?
- How do I close my Zoho account?
Zoho Sign Up/Sign In using Google/Yahoo! IDs
As a first step towards opening up our services to the external world, users can now access Zoho using their Google/Yahoo! credentials. For accessing Zoho services users can visit Zoho main page - http://zoho.com/index.html, and enter their Google or Yahoo! account details by clicking on the appropriate link present in the "Sign In" box at the top right corner.
Please refer to the list of Google/Yahoo! sign up FAQs as mentioned below:
- Can I access Zoho services using Google Apps account?
- How can I remove my openId Mapping?
- I got "Oops! We are confused" error during SignIn. How can I resolve?
1. Is it secure to access Zoho services using Google/Yahoo! sign-in credentials?
Yes, its a secure sign-in. Also, users need not worry about security when accessing Zoho services using their Google / Yahoo! sign-in credentials.
2. Is my Google/Yahoo! password stored in Zoho?
No. Zoho does not have access to users' Google / Yahoo! password. We only store your respective email addresses for the purpose of identification.
3. Why do I need to choose a Zoho username when signing in with Google/Yahoo! credentials?
Users are required to choose a Zoho username as a one-time operation when accessing our services for the first time using Google/Yahoo! credentials. Username is also needed by Zoho for providing @zoho.com email addresses.
4. I already have a Zoho account with my existing Google/Yahoo! email address. How will the Google/Yahoo! signing work in this scenario?
Users who have already set up an account with us using their Google/Yahoo! email address will be directly logged in to Zoho after entering their login credentials in the main Zoho sign in box. In case you are accessing Zoho by clicking the Google/Yahoo! ID links at the bottom of the sign in box, you will be redirected to Google/ Yahoo! for authentication.
5. If I log out from Zoho, will my Google/Yahoo! sessions also expire?
No. You need to explicitly 'Sign out' from your Google/ Yahoo! accounts also.
6. Is there a way to import my Google/Yahoo! contacts to Zoho?
Yes. Users who wish to upload their Google/Yahoo! contacts to Zoho can do so by following the steps as mentioned below:
Click on My Account link present at the top right corner from any of the existing Zoho Services that you are in.
Once you are directed to your accounts page, click on "Contacts" present in the left-side panel
- Your existing contacts will be listed with an "Import" button above it. Click on the import button to have your contacts uploaded to Zoho.
NOTE : In case you are already logged in to your Google account, the contacts will be automatically fetched into Zoho. However, for Yahoo, you need to authenticate yourself by giving the email-id and password. Please be informed that the password is never stored in Zoho sessions/database.
7. Are my contacts automatically synced with Google/Yahoo! contacts?
No. You need to explicitly click the "Import" button in order to sync your contacts with Google/Yahoo! account.
8. How do I link my existing Zoho account to Google/ Google Apps/ Yahoo! account?
If you wish to link your existing Zoho account with your Google/ Google Apps/ Yahoo! account, please do the following steps as mentioned below:
Please refer to the image below for details.
9. Can I access Zoho services using Google Apps account?
Yes it is possible to sign in to Zoho services using Google Apps(hosted) accounts. Google now supports OpenID authentication for Google Apps(hosted) accounts also. For details please refer ,
10. How can I remove my openId Mapping?
11. I got "Oops! We are confused" error during SignIn. How can I resolve?
The above issue occurs when the system finds
that your Google Email address has been changed and there are two
different Zoho accounts exist with your previous email address(say firstname.lastname@example.org) and current email ID(say email@example.com).
Please go through the various solutions to overcome this problem.
Solution #1: Close one of your Zoho Accounts and login to Zoho with the other Email address via Google Apps.
Solution #2: If you want to continue with the Zoho account (firstname.lastname@example.org), then change the primary email ID for email@example.com to any of your personal email ID. Remove the email ID firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more about changing email ID.
Solution #3: If you want to continue with the Zoho account (email@example.com ), then remove the OpenID mapping for firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more about removing the OpenID mapping.
To Login to your account Reset your password.
Google Federated Login Service is disabled by default for Google Apps
Premier and Education Editions. The domain admin can enable it from the
Control Panel at http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/<your-domain>/SetupIdp
The username identifies a unique user of Zoho. It can be your name or any combination of letters & numbers that you wish to have provided that the name has not been taken by someone else already registered with Zoho. In that case you will get an exception "Username already exists" and will be asked to provide another unique username.
2. What is Email address?
Email address identifies a location that is used to send and receive mail. New users registering with Zoho need to enter their email address, as a confirmation mail along with a link is sent to this particular address which the user is supposed to click within 7 days to confirm an account with us. Also remember that all communications on sharing of documents/sheets/presentations, notifications of reminders in case of Zoho Planner and all other service specific alerts will be mailed to the email address that you specify at the time of setting up an account with Zoho.
3. What is Image Text?
The 'image text' (also called CAPTCHA) is a series of random letters & numbers that are displayed in an image. As part of the registration process users are asked to key in the text present in the image. We do this to ensure that only genuine users are signing up for our service and thus prevent automated programs/spammers from repeatedly signing up. Please refer to the image below for details. The 'Image Text' field is filled up with the set of characters/numbers to the right and shown with borders around it.
4.I have successfully set up an account with Zoho but did not receive the confirmation mail. How do I resend it again to my Email Address ?
There may be some instances when the confirmation mail that we send as part of the registration process is not received by the new user to their Email address with which they registered with Zoho. The reason could either be attributed to the users providing "incorrect email address" when signing up or the mail being filtered as spam/finding their way to the bulk folder. If the email address is not confirmed it will be enclosed in a pink band along with the resend confirmation button next to it. To resend the confirmation mail again please do the following steps as mentioned below:
Log on to your Zoho account at: https://accounts.zoho.com/ and click on the 'Profile' tab >> 'Email Address' link present on the left panel. See whether you have given your correct email address without any spell error. If the email address is incorrect, please click on the "Edit" link to the right of it, enter the correct email address, your current password in the text box that shows up and press "Update" button.
- In case the email address is correct, simply click on the 'Resend Confirmation Mail' button next to it and click "Send Mail", you will get the message in a band conveying that the confirmation mail has been sent successfully. Refer to the images below for details
Edit/Change email address
- Log on to your Zoho account at: https://accounts.zoho.com/ and click on the 'Profile' tab >> 'Email Address' link present on the left panel >> click on the "Edit" link to the right
- Enter Your new Email Address and Password in the test box that shows up and press "Update" button.
- A mail will be sent to new mail address click on confirm link.
- If you didn't receive mail, click on the 'Resend Confirmation Mail' button to receive the confirmation mail again to your new email address.
Resend Confirmation Mail
In case you wish to retain the existing email address and wish to add a new one, please do the following steps:
Log on to your Zoho account at: https://accounts.zoho.com/, click on the 'Profile' tab >> 'Email Address' link and then on 'Add New Email' button
Enter a new email address in the text box and click "Add". It will get added as your secondary email address
Click on the 'Make Primary' text link of this new address. Enter your account password and hit the 'Make Primary' button
The new email address you gave will get added as the primary address. Now click on the 'Resend Confirmation Mail' button to receive the confirmation mail again to your new email address.
Please refer to the images below for details:
Set the new email address as primary
Click on "Resend Confirmation Email"
5. I get an "Invalid Confirmation !" message when clicking on the confirmation URL that was sent to my email address . What's wrong?
New users signing up for Zoho Services have to click on the confirmation link within 7 days of receiving the email from us. If for some reason users click on the confirmation link after 7 days they get an "Invalid Confirmation!" message. In that case users can confirm their account again by resending the confirmation link to their email address with which they had set up an account with Zoho.
6. I can't sign in to Zoho account even after entering details. What am I doing wrong?
If you are not able to sign in to the Zoho account, the most probable reasons are:
- Either the Zoho account ID (user name or email address) is incorrect.
- Or you have keyed in an incorrect password (remember, the password is case-sensitive).
- Please check if your Caps Lock button (On/Off) in the keyboard before typing in your password.
Other reasons include:
- Not supported browser/OS version (All Zoho applications work well on Firefox 1.5, 2.x, 3.x and Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8)
7. I have lost/forgotten my password for Zoho account. How do I reset it ?
In case you have lost/forgotten your password, use the "Forgot Password?" link available at any of the Zoho services login page (ex: http://writer.zoho.com/), enter your "Email Address" with which you had set up an account with Zoho, the "image text" that appears on the form and press the "Request" button. You will be getting a mail with a HTML link clicking on which you can choose a new password for your Zoho account. Please refer to the image below for details:
8. I wish to change my password for Zoho account. How do I go about it ?
Users can change their password for Zoho account by doing the following steps:
Enter your Zoho accounts page by providing proper login credentials (username/password).
Alternately you can click on "My Account" link present at the top right of any of the Zoho services to access your Zoho account.
- Click on the 'Profile' tab > "Change Password" link to change your password
9. I have already signed up with Zoho Writer. Do I need to sign up for other Zoho services separately ?
With Single Sign-on (SSO) feature already implemented, all the existing users and new users registering with Zoho can access the following Zoho services - Zoho Writer, Zoho Sheet, Zoho Show, Zoho CRM, Zoho Planner, Zoho Creator, Zoho Notebook, Zoho Meeting, Zoho Projects, Zoho Wiki, Zoho DB & Reports and Zoho Chat - with a single user name (or email address) and password.
10. How do I change the 'username' of the registered Zoho account ?
'Username' of a registered Zoho Account cannot be changed. If you require a Zoho account with a desired username, you need to register a new account only.
11. How do I close my Zoho account?
There are two types of account in Zoho - Personal and Business. Here's how you can go about deleting them in Zoho:
For deleting personal account in Zoho please do the following steps as mentioned below:
Note : Please be cautioned that once you delete an account, all the information/data associated with your account and Zoho services will be lost.
Please refer to the image below for details:
Delete Personal Account
Business Account :
Zoho Business is an integrated platform containing business centric applications ranging from communication, collaboration and office productivity to customer relationship management, project management and live meeting/web conference. Zoho Business being an application specifically designed for organizations, signing up and creating a single account is sufficient for whole organization. Once an account is created for the organization, the administrator (the user who signed up and created an account in Zoho Business) can add other organization members in Zoho Business as users. The administrator also has the privilege to disable or remove a certain user from business account in case he leaves the organization.
Zoho Business provides a control panel feature for administrator of an organization using which he can manage users, groups and domains. For deleting a user from an organization please do the following steps:
The control panel will list data related to organization, user management, domains and organization groups on the left-side panel.
Clicking on "User(s)" link, present in the left-side panel under "Control Panel", will list all the users in the organization along with their status as active/inactive.
- To delete a particular user, select the check box to the left and click on "X" image under "Action" heading to remove him permanently from the organization.
Please refer to the attached images for details :
Click Control Panel
Organization's User List
NOTE : In case you still face any issues in signing up or accessing your Zoho account, do write to us at email@example.com